This impressive Tall Ship was built as a freighter in 1914. It was originally a "Grossherzog Friedrich August" serving as a school ship for the German Imperial Navy. After the First World War, the ship was captured by the English in 1919 and sold in 1921 to Kristofer Lehmkuhl, then minister of employment in the Norwegian government. The ship was named after him. In the Second World War the ship was again given a German name: Westwärts. After the war in 1945 she got her current name back! The ship is used as a training ship and training ship, both for civilian youth and for the Norwegian Navy. The ship has a large and wide deck to be able to ideally enjoy the bustle on the water and the SAIL spectacle!